Sunday, May 16, 2004

Something witty this way comes

Well, not really, but it sounded cool for a title... It's Sunday late afternoon, and I'm here on campus trying to get some work done. I managed to get quite a bit of work accomplished at home today, which was amazing considering that I was tired and a teensy weensy bit hung over from going out with Bizarro last night. I was inside ALL freaking day yesterday, and got most of nothing done anyway, and was bummed that I missed the International Street Fair (in the rain). Bizarro came home from work around 9:15, and since Mr. and Mrs. Club weren't up for doing anything, I talked Bizarro into going out for a drink. As usual, he changed outfits three more times than I did in preparation for going out. Heh. As usual, I moaned about not having jeans that really fit me since I put on so much weight after coming home from Korea last summer.

Anyway, we went uptown and had a couple drinks at what has become our favorite place (the only non-frat boy obnoxious college binge establishment that actually looks and feels like a pub). Bizarro had his requisite hot dog from O'Betty's (well, two of them, actually) and I found out to my delight that they also sell tofu meatless dogs. I don't eat beef, see, and usually I avoid the "lips and assholes" of hotdog meat. Unfortunately I didn't have enough cashwad to buy one, so that'll have to wait for next time.

So today is a working hard day, with only three weeks left of the quarter I have a shitload of work to do, and next Sat I'll be in Columbus for the Wuhan training session (I'm repeating myself, aren't I?)

All is well ~ can't complain. Well, except for Iraq. And Afghanistan. And a bunch of other places.
Om mani padme hum.

No comments: