This is Cooling
The above is a lyric from Tori Amos. I'm listening to her live CD from the to venus and back set. At one time in my life I was a huge Tori fanatic. I've lost the fanaticism, but I definitely still enjoy her mysterious, emotional sounds. Haven't bought an album in a couple years and it's been since 1999 since I last saw her on tour, I think. I first saw her on the Dew Drop Inn tour for Boys for Pele album, back when it was her, the piano, a harpsichord and the mic. These days she does her thing with a band behind her, which is okay, but I still like the old days. Even though she usually does a set without "the boys" it's just not the same. I met her on three occasions, at the pre-show Meet n Greets. These days she's mobbed with tons of teenagers with their bad red hair dye jobs and angstfilled poetry, or dressed as fairies. Hmph.
Anyway, it's Friday evening, just after 6:30. Just finished writing the article review I'd forgotten about until the last minute. Oops. I have 5 big projects due in the next three weeks. Two of them are for my Indoctrination Class (colonialism is bad, white people are bad...) so those will be mostly B.S. But the other three are linguistic masterpieces waiting to happen.
Not sure what the rest of the evening will bring. Bizarro works until 9 p.m. and then I have a feeling we'll sit around drinking and watching a movie. who knows, maybe Mr. Club will call... but I have T'ai Chi at 8 a.m. so I can't get all crazy. Tomorrow is the International Street Fair, which closes International Week here at O.U. I'm sure I'll have to check out the parade. But then I have to get some work done. Blech.
Guess I'll meander on home and feed my fishies.
No comments:
Post a Comment